Our Ethos and Approach at Plumpton School
At Plumpton Primary we are passionate about inclusion. We pride ourselves in creating an Inclusive learning environment and providing appropriate provision for all children to succeed. Class teachers are responsible for the learning and progress of all children in their class. This entails meeting children’s needs through quality first teaching, personalised planning and resourcing and differentiation through levels of support, expectations of outcome, resources or activity.
To read more about what this looks like in our school, please read our SEND Information Report, SEND policy at the bottom of this page.
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing information can be found on its own separate page.
Our SENCo Ms Shannon has undertaken the National SENCo Award (Postgraduate Diploma in Special and Inclusive Education). She works closely with our committed staff team and specialist services to ensure that children get the academic and pastoral support they need to reach their full potential.
Please read our SEN Information Report and SEND policy, and if you would like more information. Please contact Ms Shannon via the school office email@example.com
Ms Shannon works 1 day per week as our SENCo, so for urgent queries please contact the Head of School Mr Hughes, please go through the office.
Guidance to accompany the East Sussex County Council (ESCC) Special Educational Needs Matrix. Mainstream schools Matrix The ESCC SEN Matrix is an East Sussex County Council framework drawn up by the Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (ISEND) Services in collaboration with staff working in educational settings across the County, Children’s Integrated Therapy Services (CITS) and parents and carers. It is designed to:
• Provide a shared understanding for schools, the Local Authority, parents/carers, and services such as Health and Social Care, about how to identify the Special Educational Needs of children and young people
• Provide guidance on provision and resources recommended to meet these needs, and to facilitate educational progression
• Support development of knowledge and understanding about SEND
• Contribute to the development of good SEN and inclusive practice (‘build capacity’)
• Provide a framework from which the Local Authority and its moderation partners will make consistent decisions about funding levels for children to facilitate their educational progression
What is the Families and Carers Forum?
The new Forum is a collaboration between parents and carers and the school. We aim to provide a valuable way to share ideas, views, and concerns and make solution-focused suggestions for improvement with regards to SEND provision.
The aims of the Forum will be to:
- Work together to improve the education provided for our children
- Share information, knowledge and skills
- Meet in a supportive environment on a termly basis, taking in turns to meet across each of the Skylark Schools across the year.
- Further, improve communications between parents/carers and staff/governors
Coffee Morning Invitation
Venue – Plumpton School Hall
Date and Time - 9.15-10.15am, Wednesday 22th June 2022
9.15-9.45am Zones of Regulation workshop led by Sophie Shannon SEND Governors and Guest
9.45-10.15am Families and Carers time together - Tea and cake
Next date: TBA